Filipino Planning Engineers Association (FPEA) is a non-profit organization and is observing to the highest ethical standard believing that it is the right thing to do. We aim to uphold an image with a rigorous standards and a world class Planning Engineers and noted to be globally competitive.
FPEA Code of Ethics was built on a foundation of shared values. We are committed to helping each other to enhance our knowledge in project management and to build self-confidence working in a mixed culture.
Code of Ethics
1. Personal And Professional Integrity
FPEA Officers, Board of Directors and members shall act with honesty, integrity and openness in all their dealings as representatives of the organization. FPEA promotes an organization that values respect, fairness and integrity.
2. FPEA Mission – is to promote, enhance and impart the power of knowledge and development about planning and scheduling, cost control and programming techniques as well as project management as a whole.
3. Governance – FPEA has set of Officers and Board of Directors that is being elected by members as stated in its Constitution and By-Laws. FPEA ensures that the Officers and Board of Directors have skills and experience to carry out their duties and that all members understand and fulfill their duties for the benefit of the organization. There must have a conflict of interest policy that ensures that any conflict of interest that may occur, it must be properly managed through disclosure, recusal or other means in a professional way.
4. Legal Compliance – FPEA will be vigilant in observing what was stated in the CBL must be implemented.
5. Responsible Stewardship – FPEA is a non-profit organization, therefore any Officer, BOD or member who extends his services for the benefit of the organization is non-compensable except in some cases that need an appreciation and has majority approval from the Officers and BOD’s. All financial reports must be factually accurate and complete.
6. Openness and Disclosure – FPEA Officers and BOD’s should provide comprehensive information to members and is responsive to the reasonable request for information.
7. Trainings and Program Evaluation – FPEA is committed to improving programs and trainings for the needs of its members.
8. Fund Raising – FPEA shall raise funds from the public and from donor institutions and must be truthful in solicitation materials. FPEA respects privacy concern of individual donors and expends funds consistent with donor intent. FPEA disclose relevant and important information to potential donors. In raising funds, FPEA will respect the rights of the donor:
a. To be assured that their gifts will be used for the purpose for which they were given;
b. To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition;
c. Relationship with the representative of FPEA and the donor will be professional in nature;
d. Donors are free to ask questions when making a donation and they are entitled to receive truthful and forthright answers;